There are three major factors that will determine how much your move will cost:
- How prepared you are, is everything organized, boxed up and ready to go?
- The amount of items you have to move, the more you have, the longer it will take.
- The access at the pick up and drop off locations, how far is the moving team having to walk to load and offload the truck? How far is the elevator? Are there narrow shared hallways? Etc.
There is preparation that goes into getting the truck safe and properly equipped for your move. We also incur driving time to get from our office to the pick up location, and back to our office again.
These costs are a flat rate, so you don’t have to worry about driving conditions, traffic etc, and are averaged out for every customer no matter where you live in city. This is a generally accepted best practice in the industry.
As you prepare you itemized list it helps you get organized for your move, it also gives you an idea of exactly what needs to be moved.
If this list changes a lot between when you start planning for your move, and the day of your move let us know, this could result in a change of the estimated length of your move.
All of our trucks come equipped with commercial grade moving blankets to wrap and secure your belongings. Our movers are also able to lay down moving blankets at the entrances of the home for no cost if requested. Upon request we are able to provide a floor runner (rubberized matts to cover the areas of major transit within your home) service.
With over 30 years experience in the moving business, we have the expertise to move even the most delicate of instruments and heirlooms. Our expert movers will secure your items so they arrive undamaged and require the minimum in re-tuning, if at all. So whether you need a piano mover, a fragile item mover, or you just want special care taken with your more delicate items, we’ve got you covered.
You bet! If you choose Two Small Men as your residential movers, we can make arrangements to handle your personal vehicles as well as your possessions.
We can arrange for a flatbed tow so that your vehicle arrives at the same time as your belongings. Our service is fully insured and our commitment to making sure your valuables arrive in the same condition as they left, applies to your car too.
Yes we can, as long as they will fit within the box area of the truck we can transport your plants. Please keep in mind that we are not arborists so if you have any concerns about temperature and how to properly transport these items please consult your nearest greenhouse for suggestions and instructions and let us know prior to your move.
We are not able to move:
- Propane Tanks
- Fish Tanks
- Pool Tables that have not been disassembled
- Paint Cans
- Hazardous Items, Corrosives & Flammable Items
- Valuables (insurance documents, gift cards, cash, jewelry), these items should be moved by the home owner for their own peace of mind.
This is considered on-the-clock time for our movers, but we understand this can happen, we do our best to time these moves accordingly. If the team would like to take a lunch, or fuel up the truck we can do this while waiting.
We understand there can be issues on possession day so we are able to help make last minute storage arrangements for the customers as well.
Yes and yes! We offer a basic coverage which is included with your move at no additional cost, we also have an option to increase your coverage.
Absolutely. We want to help you through every stage of your move and if that means reassembling your bedframes we’d be happy to do it. Let us know when you book with us that you require furniture assembly services for moving and we’ll work with you to make sure everything you need gets done.
We have every kind and size of box and packing material you could need to ensure all of your belongings arrive at your new home organized and in mint condition. And, because we want to make sure your move is as stress-free as possible, we are proud to offer a moving packing service as well as the packing supplies.
If the breaks are at the customers request (down time, waiting for the key, asked to give leeway for driving time) these can be included in your moving time. If the breaks are not moving related, they can be deducted.
We offer competitive mid month rates, as well as discounts for anyone able to book in advance. We are also able to offer seniors discounts.
There are lots of different ways to make your move more affordable. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Being as prepared as possible is the best way to save on your move. Be organized, have your home clean and ready, all your items packed, or ready to be packed if you hired a pack service.
- If you are having a pack done, consider bringing items out of cabinets, make sure your dishwasher is empty, and be sure to check hutches, and desks!
Don’t forget about clearing the walk ways of ice, snow, or any other obstructions, this will keep the movers safe and easier for them to use their dollies, 4-wheelers etc.
- If you can, try and move your boxes to the garage or common area where the crew can quickly load them.
- Be clear about what you want moved and be able to give direction of where you want items placed at the drop off location.
- We are happy to provide any disassembly and re-assembly you may need for your furniture but if you are able to do this ahead of time, or after the move this could save you time.
- If you are able to move smaller, awkward items, lamps, nick-knacks, loose boxes that can’t be sealed in your own vehicle it will be easier for the crew to load the truck.
- If you are in an apartment, condo, or shared home, try and reserve parking spots so the trucks can get as close to the building as possible, the better the access, the more efficient the crew will be.
- Try and book off or reserve the elevator ahead of time, if you don’t have an elevator, try and reserve a mid week, or mid month spot when the building won’t have as much foot traffic for the movers to be working around.